mli88299-gmail-c

How to enter asset for first time turbotax user for business? The business is already 6 years.

This is my first time to use TurboTax for my company for 2021. After I finish income and deductions, then it went to Federal Review and complain "Assets" is missing. How can I enter assets? I assume some come from last year and some from 2021. Could you help? Thanks!

tagteam

Which version of TurboTax are you using (you need to be using Home & Business or Self-Employed).

Do you see anything similar to the screenshot depicted below?

Untitled.png

tagteam

You enter the corporation's total assets as of the end of the tax year.

tagteam

Untitled.png

mli88299-gmail-c

I'm using Turbotax business 2021.  I got following similar screen

depreciationOfAssets.png

After finish income and deductions, it comes to review and it asks info displayed in following screen.

total-assets.png

I don't know how to enter the total assets. 

Thank you very much for your help!

mli88299-gmail-c

Hello Champ,

My second screenshot contains some info, it better not be here. I can't delete it. If you're from intuit, could you help to delete it.

thank you very much!

tagteam

tagteam

Also, no one (here or at Intuit) can delete anything for you on that return. 

You are using TurboTax Business so you are the only person who can alter the return.

mli88299-gmail-c

Where can I got the those info? I have total assets data for 2020. How can I calculate assets for 2021? I feel turbotax should be able to calculate for me since I entered the property info and all info already. thanks, 

tagteam

If you have your 2020 return, you should have the total asset figure at the end of the year.

mli88299-gmail-c

Yes. I do have the total assets for end of 2020. But I don't know how to calculate that for end of 2021. 

tagteam