Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to disable ReCAPTCHA when logging into intuit.com?

I use an authenticator app on my phone to enter a 6-digit code -- but the website asks for the code AFTER the robot verification process. Is there a way to disable the ReCAPTCHA process so that I enter my username and password, then the authenticator code, and then I'm in?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

This is a security method within Intuit, and is required. 

As long as you are using the same browser, and have not cleared cache or used an incognito browser, it should not ask for atleast 30 days. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have captcha come up after being signed out for 5 minutes. Latest version of Firefox. Very frustrating.

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

To disable the captcha and the Google Authenticator, follow the instructions in this link here to disable the two-step verification feature.

@user 4683718

That didn't help. The Captcha still comes up before the two-step verification prompt.

So to login the steps are:

1. Select account

2. check box saying I'm not a robot

3. select all applicable images (some were fuzzy and I was forced to do this stupid step 3 times)

4. enter password

5. enter 6 digit code from Authenticator/text message

That's 5 steps EVERY SINGLE TIME I log in! Doesn't matter if it's been months, I got timed out after a few minutes and logged back in, or I log out and immediately log back in to record the steps for this post. The login process for this site is such a pain in the ass that I'm ready to use a different company.

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

@piercedtiger You may need to change your browser settings, because this should not happen every time. Some browser settings are set to clear cache and cookies every time you exit out and the security may be too high. Also, if you wanted to disable the two-step authentication, go to accounts.intuit.com and click on Sign in and Security, Two-Step verification, and turn-off.

@NashayLOI don't have my browser set to clear cache or cookies on close or any other automatic method. This has literally been going on for months, if not years, while using Mint. Since I only used Mint once every few months it was tolerable. Now that I'm trying to file taxes and keep getting automatically logged out every few minutes it is intolerable. Literally no other website I use is this complicated to log into.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies