How to delete duplicate charities

How to delete duplicate charities

I've been trying to figure out how to edit and delete charities myself. I finally found it. Select the tab for the donation year you wish to work on. You'll see the options for Items, Money, Stock, Mileage. Down below those you will see a little link that says "Manage Charities." Click on that, and you will see your full list of charities that you can edit or delete.

How to delete duplicate charities

How to delete duplicate charities

That didn't work for me in Internet Explorer - I didn't get a list of any charities, and I was hoping to delete a duplicate.  But I went to the Manage Charities link, and although it says I can Edit, Delete, or Add info, nothing appears.  BUT - I tried it in Chrome, and it works fine.

How to delete duplicate charities

The message states it will delete the charity and all associated donations. Does it delete donations from prior years data as well or just current year?

How to delete duplicate charities

I had the same concern and through searching on Intuit, I found the following:  

No, the charity would only be removed from the current year return you are working on.  It also will not continue to carryover to future years.

When you prepare next year's return, it will only bring forward the charities you had listed on your 2015 return.  If you need to enter an old charity that you removed, you can simply add it to a future return.
You marked this as helpful (undo)
Your feedback has been submitted.
Original
TurboTaxAnnaB , Certified Public Accountant
TurboTax TaxPro 2 years ago

How to delete duplicate charities

I deleted a duplicate charity and did not realize that the associated donations would be deleted. Does anyone know if there is a way to recover them? A number or email to contact? Thank you.