taxmixer

How to change moving date

I'm trying to enter my "moving date" (from CA to NM) in my CA state form. I originally put 10/01/21 (when I moved into my new house) in the main Personal Info tab (using TurboTax Deluxe 2021 desktop for Mac). So that date then "auto-filled" in my CA state form on the "Residency Information" page. But later, I went back into my Personal Info tab and changed the date to 08/15/21 (when I actually moved to NM) but now it is not auto-filling in the state form. It's still 10/01/21. I have closed out of the program and re-opened, but the result is the same.

So now the State form will NOT let me change my moving date. It seems to be permanently stuck at 10/01/21 even though my Personal Info section has it as 08/15/21.   Does anyone know how to change my moving date in the CA state form?

Thanks!

tagteam

How to change moving date

You are probably going to have to contact Support for this issue.

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

tagteam

How to change moving date

taxmixer

How to change moving date

Thanks tagteam,

I did what you suggested (call support) and Customer Service Rep had me delete my CA return and start over - which surprisingly did not take very long (re-doing what I had done). So all is good. Thanks again.