Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to add my own email and phone as an additional user to my computer's TaxCut login

We bought TaxCut Delux CD for installation on our computers (2).  It's already installed on another computer, now when I installed it on my computer it balked at the software key I typed in, wouldn't use the new Intuit account I was trying to setup for myself.  The software said the software key was already in use (it's in use on housemate's computer).  The software setup said to resolve the problem with the key being in use I needed to use the other persons email address associated with it.  So I plugged it in and typed in the key sent to their email.  Then it asked for their phone number.  So I put it in, and it sent them a txt message, so I typed that in.  All the keys intuit sent to their phone and email worked just fine.  So my software is installed, but every time I login in it sends keys to their email and or phone.  And the online versions thinks I'm them!  I feel like a hacker or idiot doing all that.  How can I fix it so Intuit knows who I am, and they don't get erased?  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

How to add my own email and phone as an additional user to my computer's TaxCut login

Did you intend to ask a questions about a TaxCut Delux CD?

This is a TurboTax User Forum.   If you are asking about a TurboTax CD, yes, you can only have the program registered to one User.

That User can prepare as many returns as they want (Efile up to 5), but the login codes will always go to the Registered User's Phone/Email.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies