Solved: How much do I have to pay to e-file an additional ...

gibby_lugo

How much do I have to pay to e-file an additional 4 more forms other than the 5 free e-files using the Turbotax premier?

With the online program, you can only file one return per account, and each return will incur separate fees.  

With the program installed on your desktop computer, you can prepare an unlimited number of returns for personal use (self, family). The first 5 can be e-filed, the rest will have to be printed and mailed, this is an IRS limitation.  Federal e-filing is free, state e-filing is $20 or $25 per return.  Each state preparation module is about $40, although most copies of the program include 1 state free.

The IRS limits efiling to 5 per user.  Are you a tax preparer?

If you are a paid tax preparer, you will need to use one of the professional software packages.

zoniadavila

Is there a way to pay as I go with additional taxes after the 5 limit?

@zoniadavila wrote:

No.  Once the 5 e-files have been used there can be no more (the number is set by IRS regulations).  Any further tax returns will have to be printed and mailed.