12d65ebc9ae5

How many years can I go without doing my taxes? If I haven’t filed my taxes in 3 years do I need to file them before filing my 2020 taxes?

jc_penny

If you were required to, yet did not file your Federal Taxes for the past three years.... you need professional advise.

JohnW152

You can't not file taxes in any year that you're required to, or you can face serious repercussions.  You're required to file a tax return in every year in which you have a filing requirement. 

For example, the filing requirements for tax year 2020 are shown in the TurboTax Help article Do I need to file a federal return this year? .

If you fail to file a return for any year when you're required to, you can end up owing not only your taxes, but significant penalties and interest.

Please see the TurboTax Help articles How Do I File Back Tax Returns? and File your 2019 taxes for general guidance on filing past-due tax returns.