pangho

How many pages to file for CA state return by mail

I efiled my Fed return but elected to file CA state return by mail. When printing the stat return, I selected to print return only. but it still printed more than 505 pages for me. Am I supposed to mail all 55 or so pages?   Or is the signature page the last page that I am supposed to file?  Thanks.

JDEWETT

You need to send the whole thing.  CA requires a copy of your federal return as well.  Turbo Tax automatically includes that when you print state returns.

JDEWETT

badattaxes

Just e-filed my 2020 fed return. Printed out my returns for state mail-in, and the first page says "Do not mail a paper copy of your tax return. Since you filed electronically, the Franchise Tax Board already has your return." Does this mean that the FTB (state)  has a copy of my return even though I only e-filed the federal return? Thanks!