Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

angelag

How do to speak with a person at the IRS or someone who can help me with the procedure to correct a wrong birthdate on file with the IRS?

The IRS and  SSA have the wrong birthday on file. My bc shows April 19, 1952 as the day I was born.  Both IRS and  SSA have 04/18/1952.  It has been this way for years with no questions.  Now the IRS  is rejecting mt 2021 tax return. I have changed my birthday  with SSA but can't get through to IRS to ask what I need to do to complete the process.

i
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How do to speak with a person at the IRS or someone who can help me with the procedure to correct a wrong birthdate on file with the IRS?

The IRS gets its information about that from Social Security.   So if there has been a mistake made at Social Security you have to sort that out with the Social Security Administration.   It may require an in-person visit to the SS office with your birth certificate.   (And why have you let it be wrong for years..?)

SOCIAL SECURITY LINKS

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/replacement-card.html

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

It takes a while for the IRS to catch up with the SS Administration database.

meanwhile e-File with the incorrect birthday !

It makes no difference unless you are transitioning based on some age-based rule  like age 59 1/2 and took action on exactly that day.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies