turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ragiiice
Returning Member

How do I update the information in a consolidated 1099 that I jut got an updated version of?

i imported several consolidated 1099 forms into turbotax and had a version of my return that I reviewed and then got an updated version of one of the consolidated 1099 forms, How do I dorrect the first info?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

How do I update the information in a consolidated 1099 that I jut got an updated version of?

I'm assuming you haven't yet e-filed your return, correct?

The best advice I'd have is to import the newest (corrected) 1099.  Once you've verified that the new info is correct, you can go back and delete the original import that was corrected.  Just keep up with which import is which.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

I'm assuming you haven't yet e-filed your return, correct?

The best advice I'd have is to import the newest (corrected) 1099.  Once you've verified that the new info is correct, you can go back and delete the original import that was corrected.  Just keep up with which import is which.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

since import is cumulative, this is just a recipe for confusion.
first delete imported financial data (all of it)
then import ; you will get the updated 1099-B entered into your tax return.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies