Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do i update my bank account infomartion

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

For what purpose exactly?

ARP1981

To have my stimulus check and future tax refunds direct deposited into this new account.

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

You would need to wait.  

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.  Stay tuned! 

For Q&A from the IRS, click here: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

@jonathantamayo21@ARP1981

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@ARP1981 wrote:

To have my stimulus check and future tax refunds direct deposited into this new account.

Could you be more specific? Did you file for 2019 and then close your account? Or are you referring to your 2018 return?

For "future tax refunds" you will have to enter direct deposit info on your return for that year; the IRS does not normally retain that info from year to year. TurboTax does, but you can change it when you file next year's return. However, updating direct deposit info for the stimulus check will have to be done thru the upcoming IRS portal (*not* TurboTax's Stimulus Registration page which is for "simple returns" if you were NOT required to file for 2018 & 2019 and do *not* receive Social Security or railroad retirement).

longvosd14
Returning Member

I lost my bank account on IVRS so, can not receive the check from government to help covid19. I want to update the bank account . What should i do.?

@longvosd14 wrote:

I lost my bank account on IVRS so, can not receive the check from government to help covid19. I want to update the bank account . What should i do.?

Please clarify. Was this bank account actually closed? If not, is there any way to contact the bank to regain access to it? Your saying it was "lost... on IVRS" (interactive voice response system?) suggests you may have just lost automated phone access to it, not necessarily that it was closed.

Basically, there is NO way to update bank information now for either EIP1 (first stimulus) or EIP2 (second stimulus). If the account was open when either went out, your money went there. If the account was closed when EIP1 went out, you should have already received a paper check or debit card. If it was closed when EIP2 went out (or you didn't get even a paper check or debit card for EIP1), you will have to claim it as a credit on your 2020 tax return. Check the link in the site banner for more details.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies