Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I start over again?

Between now and last year's tax season, my PC's hard drive had a failure. I've replaced it. Just got TurboTax and started my income tax return for 2020, when it told me that it couldn't find any previous TurboTax files. I'd forgotten about that. So, TurboTax started a new, empty return.

I think I can recover TurboTax files from previous years, from my OneDrive account. But where do I put them so the 2020 TurboTax application will find them? And how to I restart the process so TurboTax will once again look for the files and read them in to start me with data from 2019?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

To transfer from 2019 you need to start a new blank return.  Go up to File-New.

Your 2019 return ends in .tax2019.  Move it to your hard drive and write down where you put it so you can find it to transfer.  It normally goes in your Documents in a Turbo Tax sub folder.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

To transfer from 2019 you need to start a new blank return.  Go up to File-New.

Your 2019 return ends in .tax2019.  Move it to your hard drive and write down where you put it so you can find it to transfer.  It normally goes in your Documents in a Turbo Tax sub folder.

khalak1hotmailcom
Returning Member

I have used Turbo tax for 3 years, but this year is the WORST!  you took money and never sent it to the IRS, and I cannot seem to get a new account.  POOR service!!!!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies