jessabell49047

How do I report expenses from side job income?

I only have $367 in expenses to claim for a side job.  Where can I enter the expense?
JaimeG

The Income and Expenses from this activity must be reported on Schedule C. In order to enter these items into your Tax Return, you must create a Business Profile. Please follow the steps below: 

1. Log into TurboTax Online and access your Tax Return through the Timeline
  2. From your Welcome Page in the upper right-hand corner find the Search Box and type Schedule C (capital Sand C) hit enter and from the search options click on Jump to Schedule C  
  3. In the next page you will click on Add a Business and follow the path TurboTax provides. 

Once you have set your Business Profile to return to the area where you can enter Income and Expenses, just repeat steps 1 and 2 but on the profile you created click Edit. 

jessabell49047

This option doesn't allow me to claim an expense without adding the $100 business form.  That shouldn't be required.  I only wanted to add a line to the same form that my income was already on, schedule c.  I think this is wrong.