turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dave-hanson
Returning Member

How do I prepare 1099s using self-employed edition of turbotax? The instructions "help me prepare" link that says I need Business edition.

Quick Employer Forms site says I need business edition, but its own help says it should be available for self-employed edition.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
dave-hanson
Returning Member

How do I prepare 1099s using self-employed edition of turbotax? The instructions "help me prepare" link that says I need Business edition.

SOLVED!

(from the left nav bar, click) Tax Home > (scroll down to) Your account > (click) Create W2s and 1099s

All of the “official” TurboTax help is WRONG or at least currently broken. The help tells you to go through the steps in your return to get to the income & expenses section and then look for the link to “help me prepare my w2s and 1099s” which opens in the right help box — that link takes you to a logged in state of the Quick Employer Forms website that does not recognize that you should have access and instead prompts you to upgrade to the business plan... but the Tax Home / your account link works. Hope this helps someone! It took me hours of searching to find this worked.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies