Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

o2family

How do I open a new turbo tax aaccount?

I want to file differently that i did  last year.  \It tells me  to open a new turbo tax account.    How do i do that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AustinTS

1. Sign out of TurboTax Online.
  2. Select the TurboTax Online product you want to use for the second return and proceed.
  3. On the Create your account screen, set up a new login for the second return. You can reuse your email address if you want to receive e-file notifications for the second return. Up to 5 accounts can be tied to the same email address.
  4. After you've created the new account, you can start working on the second return.

@ AgainKid 

I'm not sure how your post ended up as a blank post in an old thread.  When I search on your screen name, I see you wrote:  "  "Signing out Again.  THIS MAKES 3 TIMES."

In any case, what is your issue, and what do you need to know?  We don't know what you're trying to do and what you're experiencing.  Please explain.

@AgainKid 

In the absence of any information, I'll take a guess in the interest of time.  If the following is not your issue, then please report back and explain in full.

Are you trying open a new account to file a second return; i.e., for another person?   If so, it may be remembering you.    Log out and empty your browser Internet cache and delete any Intuit-related cookies.  Close the browser and reopen it.   Then try again to open the second account.

The User ID for the second account must be unique.  You can use the same underlying email address for notification purposes, if you wish, but the account's User ID must be different.  A User ID does not have to be an email address.  It can be part of an email address, or anything at all.

If your problem recurs, then do those steps again.  But this time, after you open the browser back up, open a private window (private browsing aka "incognito mode").  Then go to the TurboTax site to open the second account.

If that's not your issue, then please explain in full.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies