turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I invoke a second tax expert to help with a problem from a previous year. I do not want to replace my current 2021 expert, to be clear; I need both in parallel.

It is not clear from the web interface how to interface with more than  one tax expert at a time
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I invoke a second tax expert to help with a problem from a previous year. I do not want to replace my current 2021 expert, to be clear; I need both in parallel.

@5064155 wrote:
It is not clear from the web interface how to interface with more than  one tax expert at a time

That sounds complicated.  This is mainly a community forum--not a direct route to TurboTax Support.  You'd best be served by phoning TurboTax Support and explaining your situation, what it is that you want to do, and why, and ask what they advise.    If you just need to speak to a tax expert at TurboTax about a question concerning a prior year, that might be possible.

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

If you're having a problem with the IRS concerning a prior-year return, and if you did not purchase the Audit Support product (or MAX/Premium Service), you can phone the TurboTax free Audit Support Center for help on how to proceed with an IRS letter, etc.  To get the phone number, go to the link below, click the blue "Get Help" button, and follow the prompts.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/irs-notice/audit-support/

View solution in original post

2 Replies

I do not believe that is possible or permissable.

@5064155 wrote:

That sounds complicated.  This is mainly a community forum--not a direct route to TurboTax Support.  You'd best be served by phoning TurboTax Support and explaining your situation, what it is that you want to do, and why, and ask what they advise.    If you just need to speak to a tax expert at TurboTax about a question concerning a prior year, that might be possible.

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

If you're having a problem with the IRS concerning a prior-year return, and if you did not purchase the Audit Support product (or MAX/Premium Service), you can phone the TurboTax free Audit Support Center for help on how to proceed with an IRS letter, etc.  To get the phone number, go to the link below, click the blue "Get Help" button, and follow the prompts.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/irs-notice/audit-support/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies