To import your Vanguard information:
- Go to Federal > Wages & Income
- Scroll down to the Retirement Plans and Social Security section and click Start next to
IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R)
- On the Choose your bank or brokerage page, click the Vanguard tile or type Vanguard in the search box to select mutual fund or brokerage account
- Then click Continue to begin the import process
I am not getting a choice of Mutual Fund or Brokerage. I have a Brokerage account, and TurboTax isn't importing the data. It did import my wife's mutual fund account data. Right now I only have Vanguard Funds in my Vanguard Brokerage account. My consolidated 1099 is on Vanguard's site, and I downloaded the hardcopy. Yet TurboTax isn't importing it.
To import your 1099-B (investment sales) from a broker that participates in the TurboTax Partner program:
- Open (continue) your return in TurboTax Online. (If your return isn't open, you'll need to sign in and click Take me to my return.)
- Click Tax Tools (lower left side of your screen).
- Select Tools.
- In the pop-up window, select Topic Search.
- In the I'm looking for: box, type 1099-b.
- In the results box, highlight 1099-b, then click GO.
- You'll land on Did you sell any investments in 2019? Click Yes.
- Did you get a 1099-B or a brokerage statement for these sales? Click Yes.
- Choose your bank or brokerage. (Click the first screenshot below for reference.) Begin typing the name of the brokerage (or select it from the popular choices), then click the name in the drop-down box. Scroll down and click Continue.
- Nice! We can go ahead and import your 1099-B now. (Click the second screenshot below for reference.) Enter the information requested to access your account, then scroll down and click Continue to import the 1099-B.
Note: If using the TurboTax CD/Download software, you'll use the Find function and the "Jump to" link (instead of "Tax Tools") to search for the topic.
"LindaA Level 10"
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"