How do I get my 1099g form, if I never received it...

How do I get my 1099g form, if I never received it.

UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION

Unemployment compensation is taxable on your federal return.

You will have to enter a 1099G that is issued by your state.

Some states will mail out the 1099G.  Or you might need to go to your state’s unemployment website and use the password, etc. that you have been using to certify for weekly benefits to get your 1099G from the state’s site.

Enter your 1099G in Federal>Wages & Income>Unemployment

Go through the screens very carefully, making sure to enter any federal/state tax you had withheld from the unemployment.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/where-do-i-report-a-1099-g-for-unemploymen...

STATES THAT TAX UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS

AZ, AR, CO, CT, DE, DC, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MA, ME, MD, MI, MN, MS, MO, NB, NM, NY,NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, WV, WI

STATES THAT DO NOT  TAX UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS on the state return

AK, CA, FL, MT, NH, NJ, NV ,PA, SD, TN, TX, VA, WA, WY

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/personal-income-taxes/help/how-does-receiving-unemployment-affect-...

Hello, thanks for reply.  I live in dc but work in virginia and I received unemployment from Virginia. Virginia will make the 1099 g forms available tomorrow February 2nd. Do I have to pull the 1099 or will it transfer over to turbotax.

@quietstorm1604 NO it will not transfer over to TT.   You have to get it .