Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dellis76-

How do I get a 1040 form so I Can get my stimulus check from 2020 they said mailed but sent back. I have to fill out 1040 form? Where do I get it? Help please?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How do I get a 1040 form so I Can get my stimulus check from 2020 they said mailed but sent back. I have to fill out 1040 form? Where do I get it? Help please?

If the check for the stimulus payment was mailed to you but sent back then that means the IRS did not have your correct mailing address.  You can correct the mailing address by using the information posted on this IRS website - https://www.irs.gov/faqs/irs-procedures/address-changes

Once the address change is effective then you only have to contact the IRS to have the check mailed to you.

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 3 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

To access your prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Start the 2023 online tax return by entering some personal information then click on Tax Home on the left side of the screen.

On the Tax Home webpage -

Scroll down to the section Your tax returns & documents.  Click on the Year 2020 and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies