Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I force inclusion of bank account info on my 1040 when I owe taxes instead of getting a refund?

I want to ensure the IRS has my bank account info for my COVID-19 relief payment, so I can get a direct deposit as soon as possible. Currently my 1040 has account information X'ed out (since I'm not getting a tax refund).
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I force inclusion of bank account info on my 1040 when I owe taxes instead of getting a refund?

Never mind. According to irs.gov,
"In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail."
So I can still make sure the IRS has my bank account info without including it in my tax return.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

You can choose to pay your tax due by direct debit and provide your bank account information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am already paying via direct debit. I provided my bank account info there, but that info does not show up on any of the final tax forms. Line 21a of form 1040 is still X'ed out. Is the direct debit information forwarded to the IRS, or is that payment handled by TurboTax? I'm trying to make sure the IRS has my bank account info on file.

Never mind. According to irs.gov,
"In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail."
So I can still make sure the IRS has my bank account info without including it in my tax return.

susanhowe933
Returning Member

I am having the same difficulty.

jack8065
Returning Member

I am paying the amount due by direct debit. Why does'nt the bank information I entered appear on Form 1040.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see these details posted by Lena on why the information doesn't show on your 1040.  

@jack8065  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies