Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I fix reject code F1040X-009?

My 1040X was rejected with the reject code F1040X-009.  The directions don't make any sense as my numbers match
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

There is a "Fix My Return" on the home page.  If you go there, it will give details.  Tell us what they say, and your reason for amending.

I have been on phone 3 times with Turbo Tax with no answer.  We walked through my return and still can't fix the issue.  I'm amending to add a Schedule K-1 that I didn't know I was receiving.  Here is the rejection code with their solution: 

Description of error:
Form 1040-X, 'OtherTaxesAmt' in 'CorrectNumberOrAmountGrp' must be equal to the amended Form 1040, 'TotalOtherTaxesAmt'.
What needs to be done:
Please navigate to Form 1040-X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, and review the entry in the Correct Amount column for Other Taxes. The amount should match the corresponding amount on the amended Form 1040. Once corrected, you can re-transmit this return. If the rejection continues, you may need to print and file this return by mail.
My numbers do match so I don't see the problem

@mahoney536 

try fiddling with "Other Taxes" on Form 1040.

For instance W2 Box12  Code M is an "other tax". Enter $1.00.

See if you can get the Schedule 2 and 1040-x line 10 to synch up.

Then remove the extraneous other tax (or leave it if it lets you e-File 1040-X )

mking685

I have the same problem. How do I navigate to Form 1040-X? 

RedMoon67

I am having the same issue and I followed your instructions to enter $1.00 on W-2 but it did not correct the problem. Can you help me please? 

After speaking with a 4th Turbo Tax support person, she sent me a download version of Premier where I was able to enter zeros where the column was left blank in the online version.  I believe the problem was an empty box and the online version wouldn't let me enter a zero.  So I re-efiled on Saturday morning and haven't heard if it was accepted or rejected.  The description of their solution didn't make any sense since my "other tax Amounts" matched which was zero.  If it is rejected again, I am just going to print and mail because I have no other solution.

To the person who asked how to navigate to Form 1040X, I went in to "amend my return" again and it pulled up the original info.  I basically started it over again, several times and kept getting same answer.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies