Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I fix e-file R0000-902-01, "Taxpayer TIN in the Return Header must not be the same as a TIN of a previously accepted electronic return..." Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

How do I fix e-file R0000-902-01, "Taxpayer TIN in the Return Header must not be the same as a TIN of a previously accepted electronic return..." Thanks

Yes, if you made a payment, the extension automatically is filed.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

7 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

This means you have already filed a return. Are you trying to file a second return?

I had not already filed a return. I went through Turbo Tax to complete my extension (4868) and had TT submit it right away. I then immediately paid the estimated taxes directly to the IRS. About 45 minutes later I got the error message. 

Is it possible that the IRS treats the payment itself as the extension request? That is how my state (Maine) does it. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Yes, if you made a payment, the extension automatically is filed.

Ah, thank you. That wasn't clear to me. Should I still mail the form, so the IRS has a record of it? 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

No, there is no need to mail it.

anandkjm

Thanks. I had the same issue happen and it's not clear whether there is an identity theft issue or if the payment on IRS website causes automatic extension filing, thus causing the TT extension filing fail with the above error.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

If you made a payment, an extension is automatic issued when you made that payment. If you tried to file an amendment after making the payment, it would be rejected because one went on file when you made your payment.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies