Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do i fix a ky state DOR error message on 1099-div. nothing i try works and return keeps getting rejected.

get message: how do i fix a ky state DOR error message? i keep getting error messages when filing KY State return. Says it's related to 1099-DIV boxes but nothing i do fixes it. The State DOR response says "It appears there is an issue with your tax software’s information if you have correctly input your Form 1099DIV.  Please contact you software company’s customer service for assistance with any rejection received.  Since the return has not been accepted, we don’t have access to the return or rejection information. " but it continually rejects. My 1099-div content is identical to last years.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

How do i fix a ky state DOR error message on 1099-div. nothing i try works and return keeps getting rejected.

If your federal tax return was accepted, you would not be able to get into your state return easily.  However, there is a way.

If you've e-filed or mailed your return, this is a very dangerous procedure.  You must ensure that you DO NOT make any changes to your return.  If you do, it will not match the original tax return that you filed.:

1. Sign Into TurboTax Online
  2. Click "My TurboTax" menu.
  3. Press "Visit My Tax Timeline" 
  4. Under the "SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO" heading, 
  5. Choose "Add a state" (you're not really adding a state, this allows you to get back into your return). 
  6. Make observations as needed.

If you're confident the state return is correct, and you still can't E-file it.  You have the alternative to print and mail it.

Filing Tips Kentucky Department of Revenue

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies