When I e filed it said I needed to print and mail something in but didn't load what it was. I have read to download the return and there would be instructions on what needs to be mailed in, but my return does not have any. How do I find out what I need to mail in?
Any forms, documents, etc., that you may need to mail (even if you e-filed) can be found in your Filing instructions.
[Please note Step 8 below.]
To get a view/print a copy of your 2016 tax return after filing (including filing instructions - any forms that you need to mail will be on this page along with the mailing address(s)):
- Sign in with the same login you used when you filed your return.
- Click the down-arrow next to My TurboTax
- Click on the My Tax Timeline
- Scroll toward the bottom of that screen, in the Some things you can do section, click Add a state (This is just a workaround - you are not really going to add a state - program window will spin/update).
- Click down-arrow next to My Account (top right, next to the Search box).
- Click on Print Center.
- Click on Print, save or preview this year's return.
- Under Choose your option:, select Forms filed with the government (shortest version w/filing instructions); Forms filed with the government plus all worksheets (w/filing instructions); or All forms (longest version).
- Click on View or print box.
- Pop up will ask if you want to Save file or Open in Adobe. (Filing instructions are on the first page.}
- When finished, Click on Tax Timeline to go back to original login screen.
Still have questions?Make a post