Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I file my taxes after finishing everything on turbotax? I am on the file page where the only button is to upgrade. I do not want to upgrade.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I file my taxes after finishing everything on turbotax? I am on the file page where the only button is to upgrade. I do not want to upgrade.

The thing is, if you are being asked to upgrade and can't proceed without upgrading, you will not be able to file.

The TurboTax programs only ask you to upgrade after you have entered information that was not supported by the version you are currently using.

You can file your federal (1040EZ/1040A) and state taxes for free if you:

• Made less than $100,000
  • Don't own a home or rental property
  • Didn't sell investments
  • Don't own a business or have 1099-MISC income
  • Don't have any major medical expenses

Below is the link to a useful chart of TurboTax products and the features for each product as well as the Tax Forms each program includes.

Scroll down past middle of the page and click on Tax Forms, highlighted in blue.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/free-edition.jsp

View solution in original post

2 Replies

What are you being asked to upgrade to?

The thing is, if you are being asked to upgrade and can't proceed without upgrading, you will not be able to file.

The TurboTax programs only ask you to upgrade after you have entered information that was not supported by the version you are currently using.

You can file your federal (1040EZ/1040A) and state taxes for free if you:

• Made less than $100,000
  • Don't own a home or rental property
  • Didn't sell investments
  • Don't own a business or have 1099-MISC income
  • Don't have any major medical expenses

Below is the link to a useful chart of TurboTax products and the features for each product as well as the Tax Forms each program includes.

Scroll down past middle of the page and click on Tax Forms, highlighted in blue.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/free-edition.jsp

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies