Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I file complaint with the Product Development team? It has been YEARS and they still have not fixed the "Tell Us about your Refund" page

How do I file complaint with the Product Development team?

It has been YEARS and they still have not fixed the "Tell Us about your Refund" page: If you received a a refund from your previous year's State Tax return, Turbo Tax must check if said State tax refund should be classified as taxable income. Every year, their calculations are incorrect for the refund and the payment and withholding fields. They haven't even looked at it. I'm frustrated that I report this error every single year and nobody even looks at it. I shouldn't have to fix their calculation errors, especially one as serious as this.

They offered me a 20% discount for my troubles. I'm not interested in a 20% discount. I want this bug to get fixed!

If someone doesn't take a look at this serious bug, I'm going to file an official complaint with someone who will get their attention. It shouldn't have to come to that if someone from TurboTax/Intuit will simply provide means to have two-way communication over phone and email not with customer support but technical support and/or product development team. It shouldn't take years to look at a reported bug, let alone resolve it. It's unacceptable. If you're out there, TurboTax/Intuit, let me know so we can be proactive and resolve this matter.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

How do I file complaint with the Product Development team? It has been YEARS and they still have not fixed the "Tell Us about your Refund" page

There is no place to file a complaint.  When enough users call and complain about a feature, then it will get addressed.  

That is an absolutely ridiculous policy for a bug that's been going on for years now. I can see it falling by the wayside for some time, even for one yearly cycle. But a bug of this magnitude for years-that's simply unacceptable. For a company the size of Intuit, it's unfathomable to me they don't have a any way to contact technical support, even via email. In this day and age, that's just unacceptable.

Thank you for your quick reply, however. I appreciate it.

There are many bugs in TurboTax and in every other software.  Companies determine the magnitude of the problem by how many people are affected by it and take the time to complain.  Your issue is buried somewhere in the many issues that need to be addressed and someday it may make it to the top of the list and be fixed.

I am well aware of the process, believe me. Intimately involved you can say. If I had a bug sitting for years and years like this, without it even being investigated, I'd be gone. It's not an acceptable excuse for a bug like this to be sitting on the sidelines for years and years and years.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies