Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do i file a complaint

How do I file a complaint.  I was charged for an upgraded version of turbo tax but my return was simple and should have been free
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Have you paid and/or filed your tax return?

If you have not paid and/or filed your tax return. you may be able Select Tax Tools from the left menu, then Clear & Start Over in a new free tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have already filed but now realize that it should have been free.  I would like a refund.  

There is no place to file a complaint and no refund. When the upgrades happened you were told and approved. by clicking to continue.  If you clicked through without reading the screens that is not a reason for refunding.

The agent that I spoke to on the phone advised me to file a dispute with the credit card company.  I feel like the website is misleading and did not show visibility for the free option.  Is my only option to file a dispute?

Does a misleading website qualify for a refund? There was no option for free service leaving me to believe that it wasn’t available.  I didn’t know that the free option route was hiding. 

Millions of people are able to understand the website.

Millions of people are over paying due to a misleading website specifically designed to make you think that you have to use the options which require a fee.  Why do you have to choose the tax tools in left menu in order to switch to the free edition?  

Go to this TurboTax website for the Free online edition - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/free-edition.jsp

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies