Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mjakoby

How do I file 2023 extension electronically? I bought the application via Costco. I can download the form, but not find exact instructions to do it electronically frm app

I tried to do it from the software I purchased, and searched on extension...Also tried to go into my account but search was not helpful
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
KrisD15
Expert Alumni

How do I file 2023 extension electronically? I bought the application via Costco. I can download the form, but not find exact instructions to do it electronically frm app

You can use this link to file for extension. 

Or

Open TurboTax.
Continue to your return.
Select Search, enter     extend    , and select Jump to extend.
Answer Yes on the Applying for an Extension screen and then select Continue.
Follow the instructions to prepare, print, and mail your 4868 form.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mjakoby

I clicked on search in the application I have on my PC (Not on line).  Turbotax help appeared.  I never saw jump to extend.  Unrelated issues appeared.

@mjakoby wrote:

I clicked on search in the application I have on my PC (Not on line).  Turbotax help appeared.  I never saw jump to extend.  Unrelated issues appeared.

You can e-file an extension request using the TurboTax Easy Extension website - https://turbotax.intuit.com/irs-tax-extensions/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies