Solved: How do I enter 1099-MISC royalty (Box 2) income from a hobby in TurboTax 2018 without creating a Schedule C?

How do I enter 1099-MISC royalty (Box 2) income from a hobby in TurboTax 2018 without creating a Schedule C?

I received a 1099-MISC for a small amount of songwriting royalties (for songs I wrote, not purchased as an investment). Entering the 1099-MISC in TurboTax 2018 results in creation of a Schedule C.  However, my overall music "business" was treated as a hobby in 2018 due to no attempt to make a profit (and a big loss if treated that way), with my main income being from a W-2 job. In the past, the IRS advised, due to the lack of profit motive, this should go on a line 21 of the 1040.  However, that line appears to be something totally different for 2018. Is there a way to enter this elsewhere, without creation of the Schedule C since there is no business here?

If you are going to do as you have in the past and report it as - Other Income (formerly line 21), you can still do that.  Line 21, Other Income is still there, it has just been moved to Schedule 1 (line 8).   To report the amount there, enter it under Less Common Income (last income section), Miscellaneous (last in the list).  Then choose Hobby Income and Expenses.  

[Edited 04/8/20 to update for current tax year]