Let me provide more information: Search for Error 2, it will bring up many responses with a lot of things to try.
- Close all other applications, and all tabs in browser
- Turn off pop-up blocker (or add Turbo Tax to the list of allowed pop-ups)
- Turn off Ad blocker
- Change from Wifi to hardwired internet connection
- Change Browser
- Clear / disable cookies in browser
- Clear cache in browser
- Clear cache in all browsers, then retry E-File in each browser (open 1 at a time, close before opening a different browser to try again.)
- Turn off WIN optimizer
- Turn off scanning
- Turn off the router, wait a few seconds and turn back on
- Turn off router, reboot modem, turn router back on
I've tried them all, redoing several (clearing cache after each attempt for instance) with and without a Turbo Tax support person on the other end of my phone. A week later and it's still not working. The Support team could not provide any answers beyond those listed in the community. Apparently I'm not the only one who continued getting the error message.
I was hoping someone found an alternative way to upload the file to TurboTax, and then E-file. Or another E-file solution. I have a personal account, but TurboTax Business is a download, and I can't attach my purchase, let along another file, to my personal TurboTax account which is online.
Thank you for responding. That one was tried, in fact most of the solution were tried with my laptop wired to the router instead of wifi. I added more information on my attempts to fix, after I realized the original post had limited space. Thank you again for your suggestion. It is a good starting point and should help some users with a similar issue.