Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How do I download 1099B from Computershare

I meant on my previous post that EquatePlus is merged/renamed from Computershare for a lot of Stock plans.  They specifically have a pop up on their site that says they don't provide a Control Number and to refer to Intuit.  So if Intuit just sends us back to Computershare, etc. we are an a loop with no end 🙂   

I see this on another string when a company like Computershare or Equateplus doesn't provide a control number.   Not sure if this works tho for a 1099B:

I have no box D or Control Number on my W-2

SOLVEDby TurboTax9806Updated 3 weeks ago

A Control Number (box D) is used by many payroll departments to uniquely identify a W-2 in their system. If your W-2 doesn't have one, it's no big deal.

If you get errors when attempting to e-file with an empty box D, just enter any number in this format: 5 digits, space, 5 digits (for example, 12345 67890). The IRS doesn't care what's in box D.

If you get errors when attempting to import your W-2 with an empty box Dselect Skip import and manually enter your W-2.

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

Equate Plus doesn't appear to be partnered with TurboTax yet.  Since you can't import through Computershare you're sort of stuck on importing your statement.  So you have a few options-

Enter it manually - if you only have a few transactions this is the best option.

Enter summary totals - here's how to do this.  It does require that you mail in your broker statement if you have any uncovered stock sales.

Import a CSV of all your trades - You can create a CSV file and import that into TurboTax.  It will require you to enter it through the interface for Cryptocurrency but the trades will be entered correctly.  Here is how to do that.

@jeanwangard 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies