How do I claim myself?

How do I claim myself?

How do I claim myself?

You 'claim yourself' by filing your tax return and not selecting that someone else is eligible to claim you as a dependent or someone else has claimed you as a dependent.  These questions are found as you get started with your return entering your personal information.  

@corinthianollene

How do I claim myself?

When you are asked in My Info if you can be claimed as a dependent on someone else's return, say NO.  You are, in effect, "claiming yourself"  if you say no to that question.  Be positive you cannot be claimed as someone else's dependent before you answer that question.  It is not a question you want to mess up.  Did you ask because you think someone might claim you?