Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do i claim my 18 yr old disabled child if i provide all or most of her care and she can't work or go to school?

If i am able to claim her where do i put her info or how do i claim her if im only asked about her going to school?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do i claim my 18 yr old disabled child if i provide all or most of her care and she can't work or go to school?

You enter her as a dependent in the Personal Info section of the program.  You would enter her personal information including date of birth.  Select that she is your child.  That she lived in your home for the whole year, check the disabled box if appropriate.  Select that she was not married, if she was not.  Indicate who her are parents are.  Select that she did Not provide for over one-half of her living expenses.  Select that another relative did Not live in the home and support her.  And lastly enter her Social Security number.

If you entered her as your dependent correctly, there are no interview questions for her being in school since she is under the age of 19.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You enter her as a dependent in the Personal Info section of the program.  You would enter her personal information including date of birth.  Select that she is your child.  That she lived in your home for the whole year, check the disabled box if appropriate.  Select that she was not married, if she was not.  Indicate who her are parents are.  Select that she did Not provide for over one-half of her living expenses.  Select that another relative did Not live in the home and support her.  And lastly enter her Social Security number.

If you entered her as your dependent correctly, there are no interview questions for her being in school since she is under the age of 19.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies