Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

How do i change my address

2 Replies
New Member

How do i change my address

If you have not yet filed your tax return you can change your mailing address by following the steps below.

1. Sign into your Online account and select Take me to my return.

2. Select My Info in the left side panel.

3. On the Personal Info Summary screen, scroll down to Mailing Address and click the pencil icon to Edit  the address.

If you have already filed your tax return you would first need to wait and see if your tax return is accepted or rejected. If rejected for some reason you can go back and correct the mailing address then resubmit the tax return.

If accepted, You can use IRS Form 8822, Change of Address (form and instructions) to notify them of an address change.

If you have filed and need to notify your state. Please see the FAQ below for instructions on how to contact your state Department of Revenue:

Returning Member

How do i change my address

Where do I send Change of adress form once I filled it out

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings