jwatson213

How do I change my account number for my tax return

PatriciaR

If you transferred or imported your information from last year, the direct deposit information may already be entered. Please see the link below for the steps to enter new banking information when this occurs.

Workaround

NOTEIf you have already e-filed your return, then you will have to wait to see if you return is accepted or rejected by the IRS. If rejected, you can follow the steps above and update the information. If your return is accepted, you would not be able to change the information. Once accepted, if the IRS is unable to deposit the refund into the bank account provided, you would then receive a paper check in the mail.

If your return is accepted, you may try calling the IRS e-file payment services at 1-888-353-4537 for help in updating the banking information.

PatriciaR

Workaround