turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I change my account number for my tax return

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PatriciaR

If you transferred or imported your information from last year, the direct deposit information may already be entered. Please see the link below for the steps to enter new banking information when this occurs.

Workaround

NOTEIf you have already e-filed your return, then you will have to wait to see if you return is accepted or rejected by the IRS. If rejected, you can follow the steps above and update the information. If your return is accepted, you would not be able to change the information. Once accepted, if the IRS is unable to deposit the refund into the bank account provided, you would then receive a paper check in the mail.

If your return is accepted, you may try calling the IRS e-file payment services at 1-888-353-4537 for help in updating the banking information.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PatriciaR

If you transferred or imported your information from last year, the direct deposit information may already be entered. Please see the link below for the steps to enter new banking information when this occurs.

Workaround

NOTEIf you have already e-filed your return, then you will have to wait to see if you return is accepted or rejected by the IRS. If rejected, you can follow the steps above and update the information. If your return is accepted, you would not be able to change the information. Once accepted, if the IRS is unable to deposit the refund into the bank account provided, you would then receive a paper check in the mail.

If your return is accepted, you may try calling the IRS e-file payment services at 1-888-353-4537 for help in updating the banking information.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies