Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I calculate, or on what form does TurboTax Calculate, my modified adjusted gross income (MAGI)?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How do I calculate, or on what form does TurboTax Calculate, my modified adjusted gross income (MAGI)?

For what?  There are several different MAGI amounts for different things.  No Turbo Tax doesn’t list the MAGI on any form.  

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

MAGI is calculated differently for different purposes. There are about a dozen different definitions of MAGI, depending on what it's being used for.

What do you need your MAGI for?

For most purposes the details of the MAGI calculation are not shown in TurboTax. The calculation is done behind the scenes. Even the calculated MAGI amount might not appear in TurboTax, unless it's required on an IRS form. There is only one situation where TurboTax has a worksheet for calculating MAGI, and it's a very uncommon situation.

There are also a few places where MAGI is used that are not anywhere on a tax return at all, such as for Marketplace health insurance ("Obamacare") and for calculating Medicare premiums for high-income people.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies