Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I avoid the $39 processing fee?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Pay upfront using a credit or debit card instead of choosing to have the fees deducted from your federal refund to avoid that $39.99 fee.

REMOVE REFUND PROCESSING FEE

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900517-how-do-i-remove-refund-processing-fees-in-turbotax-online-...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Pay upfront using a credit or debit card instead of choosing to have the fees deducted from your federal refund to avoid that $39.99 fee.

REMOVE REFUND PROCESSING FEE

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900517-how-do-i-remove-refund-processing-fees-in-turbotax-online-...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Thank you!

cstep323

I feel like I have been robbed. This is ridiculous, $40 to process a $25 fee.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

What is the $25 fee you are referring to?  If you selected to have your Turbo Tax fees taken out of your refund, the bank charges a fee. This is something you would have agreed to before processing your request. You can review the agreement in your forms.

This link will provide more information on the Refund Processing Fee.

You can see what you are being charged for. 
How do I review my fees in TurboTax Online?

@cstep323

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@SForrestLO I suspect the user above used the CD/download.   There is a $25 fee to e-file the state return with desktop software, and then they chose to pay that $25 by having the fee deducted from their federal refund, causing an extra fee for refund processing.  So---$25 + $40 to e-file state.    Unfortunate----it is important to read all screens very carefully especially when you are agreeing to pay.   The state e-file fee can be avoided in desktop software by printing and mailing the state.  Or if they wanted to e-file, could have paid the $25 upfront using a credit card instead of choosing refund processing.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Thank you @xmasbaby0 as they didn't specify.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies