• Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emma4240

How do i attach my w2

I am ready to submit my e filing but was never asked to attach a copy of my W2.  How do I do that?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
xmasbaby0
Level 15

How do i attach my w2

You do not attach your W-2, you just enter all of the information from it. If you e-file your return, you do not have to mail anything in to the IRS.  It has all been done electronically.  Just save your W-2’s and other paperwork for your own records.  You should also print a copy of your return for your own records.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

3 Replies
xmasbaby0
Level 15

How do i attach my w2

You do not attach your W-2, you just enter all of the information from it. If you e-file your return, you do not have to mail anything in to the IRS.  It has all been done electronically.  Just save your W-2’s and other paperwork for your own records.  You should also print a copy of your return for your own records.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

CLP2021
Returning Member

How do i attach my w2

When I click the send button to efile a message says I must first attach my W2.

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

How do i attach my w2

@CLP2021 As xmasbaby0 mentioned above, you do not physically attach your W-2 to your e-file but rather you enter the required information from the form into the Turbo Tax program. There may be a possibility that you need to review the W-2 entry for accuracy and completeness. The following thread  provides those steps: Revisiting W-2 Section in Turbo Tax

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings