turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

agilbrea

I need to download my 2016 .tax file. The website tells me "I Need To Pay First". Where do I go to pay? What to I need to Purchase? All I want is my 2016 ".tax" file?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

I need to download my 2016 .tax file. The website tells me "I Need To Pay First". Where do I go to pay? What to I need to Purchase? All I want is my 2016 ".tax" file?

Here's how you can gain access to your previous tax file: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7362231

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
agilbrea

This doesn't work, I have purchased the 2018 CD/Rom version but 2016 in Online Version.  I don't get ANY of the menu prompts you're referring to.  I waited 1:05 on hold and got to an expert.  Spent an hour with her and she couldn't do it.  Even shared my Browser screen with her.  She just hung up and left me stranded.  Called the phone number again and as I type, it's been 1:30:41 on hold.  This is the MOST disappointing service I have ever had in my entire life.  From any service provider.  Ever.
AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

How did you file in 2016, using TurboTax Desktop or TurboTax Online?
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies