Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ebubekirbinici
Returning Member

How can i tell if E filing went through or not?

So i was testing turbotax and a free IRS trusted partner (free tax usa) sofrware to see which was going to make me pay less. They both came out to be around the same but turbo tax wasnt free like it claimed, it wants money, but now i cant go in edit or delete it. I know i didnt approve to pay the money. I want to cancel the turbotax one and go with the freetaxusa one. How can i go in to turbotax account and delete that one? Because when i try to log back in, it takes me straight to Finish and file window. Doesnt show the federal and state for what i owe up top left corner like it did. I got up to the last section where it showed me total for what i owe turbotax but i didnt enter any card information to make a payment. Does this mean it still went through, or can i still delete everything and go with the free one from the IRS

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

How can i tell if E filing went through or not?

Did you e-file?  Did you click a big orange button that said “Transmit my returns now?”

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

If you actually e-filed a return from both places----the IRS will not accept two returns from you.   There is no way to know which one they will get first----if one is accepted the other one will be rejected.  You will just have to see if one of them is accepted.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies