mlpease2

How can I straighten this out somehow child support got my second stimulus check and was not supposed to only the first one

I need TurboTax to tell i r s that it was stimulus money I was told to file 1800 of the stimulus money to be able to receive the stimulus and it backfired and that's all that I filed on because I hadn't worked do to back surgery my better half found her stimulus money through TurboTax and got it with no problems

If the IRS sent your stimulus check in 2020 then the first one could be seized for child support.   If they sent you a check for the 2nd one they could not take it for child support.   BUT if you were getting the 2nd one on your 2020 tax return as a recovery rebate credit---that refund could be offset for child support.   That is the way Congress wrote the law.   If your recovery rebate credit was taken for child support, you cannot get it.  Sorry.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/recovery-rebate-credit-topic-e-receiving-the-credit