How can I find out if someone has filed a fraudulent tax return in my name? I'm worried that someone might file a fraudulent return before I can file mine. Thanks.

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I find out if someone has filed a fraudulent tax return in my name? I'm worried that someone might file a fraudulent return before I can file mine. Thanks.

I got an email from TurboTax that someone tried to open an additional account in my name using my social security number. I had that account deleted. I'm afraid someone will use a different tax service to file a fraudulent account. I can't finish my taxes until February 15th because I'm waiting for a form from TurboTax (non-deductible IRAs form 8606T).

1 Reply

If you think your identity has been stolen and used for a fraudulent tax return, here are steps you can follow to get the issue resolved:

Tax-related identity theft

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings