danielle-charche

How can I file without a 1095 a? It won't let me skip.

mister_bill

I just Googled 1095A and found this. Did you try it to get yours?

How to find your 1095-A online
  1. Log in to your HealthCare.gov account.
  2. Under "Your Existing Applications," select your 2020 application — not your 2021 application.
  3. Select “Tax Forms” from the menu on the left.
  4. Download all 1095-As shown on the screen.
LinaJ2020

If you purchased health insurance through Healthcare.gov or your state's health insurance marketplace, you should receive your 1095-A by mid-February.  As IRS won't start processing any returns until February 12, 2021, I would suggest you to wait.  

The Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare, requires most U.S. residents to have health insurance, but it also offers a tax break, the Premium Tax Credit, to help offset the costs of health coverage for those who qualify. If you bought coverage through one of the health insurance marketplaces, you should receive a copy of Form 1095-A, which provides information needed to claim the tax credit.  

For more information, click here: Where to report? and What is Form 1095-A

If this form does not apply to you this year, simply remove it from the program.  Here are the steps:

In TurboTax online,

1.  Sign into your account, select Pick up where you left off

2.  Select Tax Tools, click on the drop down arrow

3.  Select Tools

4.  Under Other helpful links, choose Delete a form

5.  Select Delete next to the Form 1095-A and Continue with My Return

@danielle-charche

holofuzion

I did not have health insurance for any part of the year for 2021. However, when I try to select "No" it just automatically selects yes every time. Why does it do this? Is there a fix for this?

jessico_the_fox

i am having the same problem. i have tried everything but have been having this issue for 3 days now. been on hold with their "customer service" for 30 minutes after waiting 30 for them to call back, and nobody has spoken yet. not really sure what to do either

holofuzion

Dont worry they cant do anything except tell you to upgrade to speak to someone else then eventually tell you to file iy by mail. No IT department. Makes no sense why this would be setuo this way, totally idiotic.

RaifH

If TurboTax is not letting you advance past the screens regarding marketplace insurance and Form 1095-A, it may be because an entry has been begun but not completed. Follow these steps to get rid of any entries if you did not receive marketplace insurance in 2021:

1. Click Deductions and Credits
  2. Scroll down to Medical and Click Show More
  3. Click Start or Revisit next to the ACA
  4. Answer the question about unemployment. 
  5. If you see a 1095-A in there, be sure to delete it. 
  6. Select Continue twice.
  7. Click Revisit next to the ACA and this time select No, I didn't receive Form 1095-A

This will remove any forms related to marketplace insurance and the premium tax credit from your return. You are not eligible for these if your health insurance was provided by your employer and you never received marketplace insurance in 2021.

@holofuzion @jessico_the_fox

rd40

I've been following these steps for a day now and it is still changing it back to yes even though I selected No, I didn't receive Form 1095-A.