Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

How can I file another w2?

1 Reply
New Member

How can I file another w2?

If you have not already filed your return: To add your W-2 to your return, you will do the following:

  • Log into your TurboTax Online account, or open your return in TurboTax Desktop.
  •  Click to Continue your return or choose Take me to my return
  • Click on Federal Taxes (choose the option labeled: I'll choose what I will work on, if offered)
  • Click on Wages & Salaries
  • Click to Show more, then choose Revisit/Edit.
  • Choose the option to add a W-2, and enter the information.


If you have already filed your return, you'll need to wait for your tax return to either be rejected or accepted, if it is rejected you can add your Form W-2, correct any other errors on the return and resubmit it. If it is accepted, you will need to amend your return to include the Form W-2. 

Please be aware that Form 1040X will not be available to prepare in TurboTax until mid-February, but once it is available, you will be able to prepare and print your amended return so that you can mail it to the IRS. You cannot e-file an amended return as this cannot be filed electronically.  The form is only filed on paper, so it will need to be printed and filed by mail. 

 Please see the following TurboTax FAQ for instructions on how to amend your 2016 tax return in TurboTax.


Privacy Settings