As long as you haven't mailed in our return, you should be able to switch your filing method to e-file.
Remember, before saving or printing your return, any charges or fees must be paid for.
In TurboTax Online versions, these steps will change how you'll file your tax return(s).
- In TurboTax Online, sign into your account.
- From the Welcome home box on the left, Click on Visit My Tax Timeline below the Download/print return button.
- Under SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO click on Add a state. (You are not adding a state to your return. By choosing this option it will allow us to open up your return.)
- Click on the File tab across the top below the Search option.
- On the Just one more step screen, follow steps 1 and 2 if you haven't already.
- Click the Start button to the right of Step 3.
- This will navigate you to the Here are your filing choices screen, click I'd like to change filing methods.
- Change your filing method to E-file and click Save.
- Click Continue and follow the onscreen prompts to e-file your return.
For additional information please see the following TurboTax FAQ.