Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I delete the form 3800 once I started it? Ive been trying for the past hour because I started it on accident and it won't let me efile now. I can't clear it

I've tried to clear it and start over and also erase all information and it still won't let me continue. I started the form thinking that it was going to help me but I didn't realize that it was only if I had dependents
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

How can I delete the form 3800 once I started it? Ive been trying for the past hour because I started it on accident and it won't let me efile now. I can't clear it

Here's the general procedure for viewing the forms list and deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:

• Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  • In the left menu, select Tax Tools and then Tools.
  • In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  • Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet in the list and follow the instructions
xylopunk
Returning Member

I have the same problem.  I am trying to delete form 3800.  I have made a mistake and NEED to delete this form and it's worksheet.  You say to "go to left menu" and select "tools".  I see no "left menu", nor can I find anything listed as "tools" or "tax tools".  I am working with the Deluxe version of the software, btw.  What I did find is when I'm in the "forms" side of the software, not the "easy step", I can go to Form 3800.  Once there, I go to the menu "Forms", and then select "remove Form 3800".  HOWEVER, the software WON'T remove the form.  I've removed the 3800 Worksheet this way - BUT, I can not (!) remove Form 3800!  Please help, anyone - please help.  THIS IS MADNESS!!!

xylopunk
Returning Member

Actually, let me amend my previous post ...

I thought I was able to remove the Form 3800 worksheet, BUT it too won't go away.   Help!

You keep trying to get rid of the weed by pulling off the flower instead of getting rid of the root.  You must drill down to the entry that produced the form ... until you remove the "root" of the problem the "weed" will continue to repopulate.  

xylopunk
Returning Member

Yes, I understand that now.  The weed is info coming from Form 5884-A, which is applying a ERC business credit that is an error - I don't qualify for this credit.  But, I can't find the weed to "pull" it!  Form 5884-A is a form that isn't created in Turbo Tax.  It's apparently a form created OUTSIDE of TT.  And then that data comes into TT from 5884-A, and shows up in 3800 (worksheet and form).  But, I never created 5884-A.  And TT didn't either.  So, I stuck with a weed that I can't find.  I'm so very confused and flummoxed.

Contact TurboTax support and speak directly with a TurboTax support agent concerning this situation.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number
They are available M-F  from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time.

Did it come from a K-1 form ?   Check those entry screens. 

xylopunk
Returning Member

Critter-3 ... you're awesome!  Your suggestion was my ticket outta this mess.  In 2021, My S Corp received an ERC for qualified wages due to Covid.  I was mistakenly listing this ERC in Box 13 of 1120s Schedule K1, code P "Employee Retention Credit".  I now understand that that was a problem because that is NOT where the "Covid Wages ERC" should be listed.  The ERC for box 13 of K1 is meant for certain natural disasters, which are specifically listed, and doesn't include the Covid wages ERC.

That erroneous entry on Box 13 on Sch. K1 was generating the Form 5884-A, and thus Form 3800.  I couldn't get the 3800 deleted until I deleted the mistake on Box 13 on K1.  

Having deleted the Sch. K1, box 13 entry,  everything else cleared itself up, resulting in no Form 3800 appearing.

Whew!

Thanks again for being so smart, and being so kind to help out.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies