Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dave173

How can I decline or skip the Intuit data sharing screen

The FAQ say's I do not need to accept the "Do more with your data" or the "Share your data with Intuit" options to do my taxes, but also does NOT give me an option to skip or bypass.  For each item I can read the FAQ, and if I agree I have a "Continue" option for each one, but no way to move forward past this screen without accepting to do these additional data shares. 

This get harder and much "trickier" each year as Intuit tries to get me to share more data and buy more advanced products. Have to work really really hard to not accidentlaly accept a lot of not rquired data shaoing or accidental upgrade of the product I already said a million times is the product I want and not the upsell. In any case, if I can't get past this screen it will be the first time I am unable to use TurboTax for almost 20 years.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You can manage your data sharing from your Intuit account.

Untitled.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies

You can manage your data sharing from your Intuit account.

Untitled.png

dave173

Thanks.

Seems a little silly to have to accept sharing all my data to progress in the tax app, and then have to go dig out my Data Privacy settings to undo the accepting of data sharing. 

As of Feb. 11, 2024, there is no option to disable data sharing under the data & privacy tab.

intuit_data_security.PNG

Yes, you can no longer decline. I am creating a complaint with the attorney general's office at this very moment. I am also getting my son (in cybersecurity) to help me promote as many social media opportunities as possible to share this information. What a violation to not be able to move past the license agreement unless you give away your personal data! I am also working on starting petitions, letters, and emails to politicians since these companies lobby to keep charging the public to file taxes.... following the money to corruption.

Glad to hear that you are organizing a protest to this reprehensible practice.
Tried, and tried, but I could not decline to share my data to prevent Intuit from selling it to third parties and making a profit from it. If that’s the way, they want to treat their loyal customers, I think I’ll move to another tax preparation software package.

ID72
Level 1

We encountered the same data sharing screen when filing the already completed tax return. It seems that we were able to decline data sharing. After clicking "Review and Sign" within that screen, we were able to click "No thanks" without entering a name. 

I agree that Turbotax is becoming too aggressive about pushing its products to already paying customers. Data sharing with third parties should not even be permitted in conjunction with anything as sensitive as a tax return. 

If Intuit continues to want to coax tax filers into this, the data sharing screen should appear early in the tax return process, and the default should be that nothing is shared. Only opting in should require an action beyond clicking "Skip".

I clicked on "File" on the left side, and I could skip it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies