turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

downla

How can i change my state tax

In my state tax return amount it's not the same in my w'2 . In the return show only one w'2 paid tax. It's not showing that I paid taxes on both w'2. I suppose to receive a refund. And it shows I owe NC taxes.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You need to go back to the Federal section, adn edit each W-2 form you entered and make sure that boxes 15-to-17 are filled improperly for both of those W-2 forms.

But...there is no particular reason why you should get all of your withholding back as a refund.  People do end up owing taxes to NC...it depends entirely on their total taxable income situation

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You need to go back to the Federal section, adn edit each W-2 form you entered and make sure that boxes 15-to-17 are filled improperly for both of those W-2 forms.

But...there is no particular reason why you should get all of your withholding back as a refund.  People do end up owing taxes to NC...it depends entirely on their total taxable income situation

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies