mayra-morones

Hi, Im entering a w-2 and I'm having trouble selecting TX under Box 15, is there a reason why I dont see the state of TX in the list ?

Several  states do not have a state income tax.  So these states will not show up in certain drop down lists.   Leave boxes 15, 16, and 17 blank when you enter a W-2 for these states.

Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Washington and Wyoming

BillM223

Box 15 is part of a group of three boxes (15-17) that refer to state income tax. But Texas doesn't have a state income tax. So there's no reason to have TX in the pulldown menu.

Sometimes, software prints the state code when it doesn't need to. Just make sure that boxes 15, 16, and 17 are all blank.